Old 11-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Bart Thomas

Default [IBC] Jaboticaba (Myrciaria cauliflora) tips?

Shireen:

As you can see from the pix, Jaboticabas are pretty shrubby, outside of
bonsai. Flowering of bonsai jabos is rare, and fruiting rarer, but sometimes
you can find a jam made from the fruit in Florida, and easily in Brazil. The
fruit is said not to travel well, so I wouldn't even expect to find it in
ethnic groceries.

There is also a picture of one of Solita Rosades jabos in my report on their
exhibit at the Philly Flower show in the Galleries:

http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ag...nsaiclub_ibcga
llery&key=1047063595&first=1047338848&last=1046777 493

As bonsai, Jabos usually are either tall and slim, or shorter and spreading,
like Soli's.

Regards,

Bart

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++