Old 11-03-2003, 03:09 AM
K30a

Default Oregon Ponders - Frog Question

In our state right next door (WA) I had an
occasion to talk to a bunch of Fish and Wildlife
folks from our state office.
I asked them about removing frogs, spawn, clams, mussels for transportation to
the family pond. They said they are not worried about a child, a jar
and a parent.
They do worry about people harvesting the critters to sell.
So find a nice friendly pond or small lake and watch for spawning activity.
(Watch out for bullfrogs, they are large and call 'run-run-run'. You don't want
them as they will chow down on your fish and song birds.)

Or
Some pond/water gardening shops might sell tadpoles, again make sure they
aren't bullfrogs, it is illegal to sell them in Oregon but you still need to be
careful.

k30a