Old 11-03-2003, 01:56 AM
Dave Thompson

Default Oregon Ponders - Frog Question

My little girl loves frogs in our pond but after we re-lined it the frogs
either left or became cat food. My question is: where can I get some
tadpoles for my pond? The only reason they were there in the first place is
because we had a neighbor who dumped 'em in one day and she has since moved.

Is there a source where I can buy them, a good place to scoop a few up, or
anyone who wants to donate a couple?

--
Rev. Dave Thompson, ULC

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one
individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take
command. Very often, that individual is crazy. -Author Unk

Old 11-03-2003, 03:09 AM
K30a

In our state right next door (WA) I had an
occasion to talk to a bunch of Fish and Wildlife
folks from our state office.
I asked them about removing frogs, spawn, clams, mussels for transportation to
the family pond. They said they are not worried about a child, a jar
and a parent.
They do worry about people harvesting the critters to sell.
So find a nice friendly pond or small lake and watch for spawning activity.
(Watch out for bullfrogs, they are large and call 'run-run-run'. You don't want
them as they will chow down on your fish and song birds.)

Or
Some pond/water gardening shops might sell tadpoles, again make sure they
aren't bullfrogs, it is illegal to sell them in Oregon but you still need to be
careful.

k30a
Old 11-03-2003, 05:59 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

If there are toads on your neighborhood, 'Build it and they will come' is
likely to apply!

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"Dave Thompson" wrote in message
My little girl loves frogs in our pond but after we re-lined it the frogs
either left or became cat food. My question is: where can I get some
tadpoles for my pond? The only reason they were there in the first place

is
because we had a neighbor who dumped 'em in one day and she has since

moved.

Is there a source where I can buy them, a good place to scoop a few up, or
anyone who wants to donate a couple?

--
Rev. Dave Thompson, ULC

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one
individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take
command. Very often, that individual is crazy. -Author Unk

Offical Frog ~ Pacific Chorus Frog kthirtya Ponds (moderated) 1 02-05-2007 05:18 PM
Any Bend, Oregon ponders ? Caph Ponds 1 30-08-2003 11:12 PM
Amending soil in raised beds in NW Oregon Marcia Marvin Edible Gardening 2 05-04-2003 12:44 AM
rhododendron litangense questions from Oregon Doonemd Bonsai 0 26-03-2003 03:20 PM
Mahonia/oregon grape question TOM KAN PA Gardening 5 17-03-2003 10:08 AM