Old 11-03-2003, 04:20 AM

Default Herb growing question

Having grown Russian Tarragon only to discover that French Tarragon is the true
tarragon for cooking, can anyone tell me the correct names for the herbs
Sage, Rosemary and Basil, used for cooking purposes?

Last year I noticed there were about 20 different basils, but which one is for
cooking italian dishes, I just don't know. Same for poultry spice (sage) and
rosemary for potatoe dishes.

Can anyone help me out with the full names of these so I buy the right ones?

With thanks,
BL
People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a
light from within. ~Elizabeth Kübler-Ross~