Old 11-03-2003, 11:10 AM
burl

Default How do I keep my roses alive?

You may have success with Dr. Earth products. We're working on a new site
focusing on safe and natural gardening at http://www.emerysgardenstore.com
and list several of the Dr.Earth products - you can read a little about it
there.

Burl

By the way, we're close to launch and I'd welcome any feedback on the site!

"Pam" wrote in message

"Starlord

Roses don't mind heat, but right now before they get to hot, a good

shovel full
of steer manure around their base with a slow soaking that day will not

hurt
them at all. Then I'd use the Ortho Rose Guard rose food around them.

Rose fertilizer and systemic combos (i.e, Ortho Rose Pride, Dexol Rose

Guard,
Bayer, etc.) tend to be some of the more toxic products on the market.

Most contain
disulfoton as the active ingredient for insect control. It is very highly

toxic to
all mammals through all means of exposure. I'd avoid using this product at

all
costs. Refer to EXTOXNET for addtional information:
http://ace.ace.orst.edu/info/extoxnet/pips/disulfot.htm

pam - gardengal