Old 28-02-2006, 11:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default wtaer run off

Is your property next to any open land? If so, you can backhoe several
ditches leading from your yard into it, layer the bottoms of the ditches
with gravel, sand, and dirt. That will help get it off of your yard, but it
wont help with the problem.

Dwayne
"waite" wrote in message
m...
Folks

Wonder if anyone knows best solution. I purchased my house 13years
ago. The previous neighbor paved 3/4 of his yard 25 years ago. The
pitch of the yard is directed into my yard. Approx. 6-10 times a
year my back portion of my yard floods. The previous neighbor has
sold to a new family...they have 4-6 cars on the paved area I wonder
what the run off is carring with it ie. oil etc. Is this legal and
if so what is my best remedy...my gardener suggested a pumping
system...$8,000.00 + maint. Please help