Old 11-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Phisherman

Default broadleaf weed killer

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 00:29:44 -0600, "B & J"
wrote:

"Gary E" wrote in message
It is now in the 50's in the daytime, can I apply a broadleaf weed killer

the clover like weeds in the yard now or do I need to wait till it is
warmer? Thanks,Gary

Clover is difficult to control (read -get rid of.) using a broad leaf weed
killer. It requires a never-ending spraying regimen. It also isn't very
effective if temperatures drop below 47 and works better in the fall, when
perennial weeds are storing food. I gave up a number of years ago and enjoy
the fact that the flowers attract bees to my yard.

You might try spot spraying with RoundUp, but that means having dead patches
in your lawn unless you have a bermuda lawn, which isn't affected during
dormant/cold weather periods.

John

It really depends on the type of clover. I found that one application
of broadleaf killer wipes out white clover. The black medic clover is
exceptioanlly tough and requires two or three applications. Best to
wait until temperatures reach above 65 during the day to administer.