Old 27-02-2006, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Gill Passman

Default Big plants?

Marco Schwarz wrote:
Hi..

Armoracia aquatica is an extraordinary plant.

Tasty too. We call it water cress over here.

How do you dress (prepare) them?

You serve it in a salad these days....great peppery taste...I remember
my grandma just washing the bunch and sticking it in a jug...we used to
have it for tea...usually with canned mackeral or pilchards...

My Mum used to go and harvest it from the local stream from time to
time. She tells a story of rinsing it and finding hundreds of little
shrimps - she put them in with the goldfish so she could show us them
when we got home from school - result very content well fed goldfish :-)