Old 28-02-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default need rose seed

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article . com,
" writes
Hi every body i want to make my small garden and I want the seed of
butiful roses please if any one had the exess seeds provide me with
some of them if you want to help me send me an email so that I could
provide you with my adress (my email )
thankyou for your help and support

Seed from roses doesn't come true, unless you use the wilder ones
or Rosa glauca etc.
Why not collect your own seed?

It's very likely that Anwar is in no position to collect seed: remember
what his country's going through. Where he is, it could be dangerous or
even plain impossible. It's the wrong time of year anyhow.

It would be nice to be able to offer a little bit of help in bringing
him a touch of normality at a horrible time; but, as others have said,
results from rose seed are likely to be disappointing. I wonder if
there's anything else we could do for a fellow plant-lover?

--
Mike.