Old 28-02-2006, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default need rose seed

Hi every body i want to make my small garden and I want the seed of
butiful roses please if any one had the exess seeds provide me with
some of them if you want to help me send me an email so that I could
provide you with my adress (my email )
thankyou for your help and support

Old 28-02-2006, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message . com
from " contains these words:

Hi every body i want to make my small garden and I want the seed of
butiful roses please if any one had the exess seeds provide me with
some of them if you want to help me send me an email so that I could
provide you with my adress (my email )
thankyou for your help and support

There's no guaranteeing the seeds you get will grow into anything like
the parent rose, I'm afraid.

You might collect seed from the most amazing rose it the world, and if
it's been pollinated with (say) a dog rose, (probably) the progeny will
be something nondescript, or even pain mankey.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 28-02-2006, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

As the original poster is a MSc student in Agriculture in Iraq, perhaps
a word of warning that in any case they amy not be suitable for the
climate there. It amy be that species roses are more suitable and they
should grow true from seed.

Old 28-02-2006, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message .com
from " contains these words:

As the original poster is a MSc student in Agriculture in Iraq, perhaps
a word of warning that in any case they amy not be suitable for the
climate there. It amy be that species roses are more suitable and they
should grow true from seed.

Since many roses originated in the Middle-East (notably Turkey and
Persia/Iran), I shouldn't think the weather would bother them too much.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 28-02-2006, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article . com,
" writes
Hi every body i want to make my small garden and I want the seed of
butiful roses please if any one had the exess seeds provide me with
some of them if you want to help me send me an email so that I could
provide you with my adress (my email )
thankyou for your help and support

Seed from roses doesn't come true, unless you use the wilder ones or
Rosa glauca etc.
Why not collect your own seed?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 28-02-2006, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Mike Lyle
writes

It would be nice to be able to offer a little bit of help in bringing
him a touch of normality at a horrible time; but, as others have said,
results from rose seed are likely to be disappointing. I wonder if
there's anything else we could do for a fellow plant-lover?

I've got spare seeds but not sure if you can export to the Middle East?
Old 28-02-2006, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

It would be nice to be able to offer a little bit of help in bringing
him a touch of normality at a horrible time; but, as others have said,
results from rose seed are likely to be disappointing. I wonder if
there's anything else we could do for a fellow plant-lover?

Well, I have some rose seed saved, so I'll send him some if I can find
it. I might find some hips in the hedgerow if having a an English
heraldic plant growing in his country isn't asking for trouble...

--
Rusty
Men love women, women love children, children love hamsters.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

you can send it to this adress
Mr Dara mohammad
44 A palmestron road
N 22 8 Rg
Londone
England

and he is my brother and he can send it to me
kind rgards

Old 02-03-2006, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

please if you wan to help me
send the seeds to this adress
Mr Dara Mohammad
44 A Palmeston road