Old 01-03-2006, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John McMillan

Default ground covering invasive weed ID

Lamium Maculatum?
http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plan...maculatum.html

Spreads like the proverbial wildfire although it is quite easily removed.
It's leaves are teardrop shaped and green and stay like this throughout the
year but the most unusual thing about it is that part of it's leaves are
silver, shiny silver, almost metallic...it spreads via 'runners' like
buttercups and strawberries.
It covers and area at the side of my garden (wasteland) and the 'patch' is
approx 6m by 20m, and it keeps invading my garden, over, under and through
the fence.
Is this a weed or is it an old plant that someone has discarded many moons
ago?
if anyone has any suggestions I'll google for images but I don't know where
to start.