Old 27-02-2006, 12:53 AM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

Default POND squirrel free bird feeder

"~ janj" wrote in message
Saw this at a Home & Garden Show on Friday:
http://tinyurl.com/s3wyw Scroll down
Has the video, pretty cute. I found the Cable/DSL connection gave me the
clearest picture. YMMV. ~ jan

At my old house, i used to have a bird feeder hung about 3" back from the
gutter under the eave. The tree rats would try and get to it but usually
ended up falling off the roof instead. Seems to me, like everything else in
real estate, location, location, location is more important then cute
designs.

I had one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009RM41M/

At my new house, I couldn't find a similar location, so the tree rats
eventually got to it. Even though they couldn't chew through the lexan,
their activities were usually sufficient to spill enough seed to fill them
up. My current feeder is pole mounted caged feeder.
http://tinyurl.com/m932s

The cage design keeps the squirrels out, and mount location prevents them
from shaking the cage to get at the seed inside.