Old 11-03-2003, 08:12 PM
linda mar

Default Hi iron in water - problem or not?

Hi Dave,

ok. I guess I need to add more iron then, to start (to get the plants more
green. the instruction says "as needed" so I don't have a good feel for
what would be enough, and I don't want to OD the plants/fish...)...

should I add more Flourish also (right now I'm doing the lower end of the
recommended dosage because of moderate lighting, 2x week). About a week ago,
I added some Flourish Tabs near all the sword roots... I don't know about
the swords (the Ozelots are quite prolific even without the root tabs. the
amazons are a bit weak in color), but my apongetons are definitely happier
with the root tabs...

linda

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
linda mar wrote:

what does it mean when I get lots of beard algae on some of
the leaves (the green fluffy stuff, and some that looks like spider web
strand) while my anubias and sword plants look yellow?

it seems like if I increase the iron to feed the swords/anubias, I'll

get
more of the green fluffy stuff?

Your tank is defficient on nutrients. As you increase the nutrients

necessary
for higher plants to succeed, they will outcompete the algae. Focus on

getting
your plants healthy first.