Old 03-03-2006, 02:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
GreenieLeBrun

Default Agapanthus

Sandra Bodycoat wrote:
Hi
Another bloody pest, we have these surrounding our pool (not planted by us)
& we want to get rid of them, I prefer the idea of poison but have been told
it must be done by hand. Any suggestions??
Cheers
Sandra

If you want to use poison cut all the green growth right back and give
repeated applications of glyophosphate (Roundup , Zero etc) spray. When
they stop shooting dig them up and put them in the normal garbage that
goes off to land fill.

One OP sugested bunker busters, don't, these will only spread the
Agapanthus further, far more efficient is a small tactical
thermo-nuclear device in the 10 to 15 kilotonne range detonated exactly
10.0357 cm above the area (don't do this at night as you may disturb
your neighbours).

For a fully organic method of erradication, and I can vouch for this
(or at least our ex backyard garden can) may I suggest you intoduce a
12 month old female beagle and a five year old male golden retriever
into the area, the unbounded energy released by these two acting
together will ensure the total destruction of any garden into which
they are released. ;-)