Old 02-03-2006, 10:26 AM posted to aus.gardens
Sandra Bodycoat

Default Agapanthus

Hi
Another bloody pest, we have these surrounding our pool (not planted by us)
& we want to get rid of them, I prefer the idea of poison but have been told
it must be done by hand. Any suggestions??
Cheers
Sandra

Old 02-03-2006, 10:30 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Sandra Bodycoat wrote:

Hi
Another bloody pest, we have these surrounding our pool (not planted by us)
& we want to get rid of them, I prefer the idea of poison but have been told
it must be done by hand. Any suggestions??
Cheers
Sandra

Yeah poison burn and take them out by hand.
Then poison burn and take out the ones the road crews seem to have planted.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:17 AM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
Another bloody pest, we have these surrounding our pool (not planted by

us)
& we want to get rid of them, I prefer the idea of poison but have been

told
it must be done by hand. Any suggestions??
Cheers
Sandra

What colour are your aggys?

Richard

Old 02-03-2006, 11:49 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jock

dig them up, pot them & put them on eBay... worth a try.
Jock

Old 02-03-2006, 11:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
SyrianPrince

get digging......
don't sell them
dont give them away
put them in a strong plastic bag till they turn to liquid
tell anyone who has them to do the same

Old 02-03-2006, 12:04 PM posted to aus.gardens
HC

Landscapers love them and use them in all current jobs. Phone one
listed in the yellow pages in your area and see if they will buy them
from you. I've seen then selling for $15 per bulb.

;-)

Old 02-03-2006, 08:23 PM posted to aus.gardens

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 18:26:50 +0800, "Sandra Bodycoat" wrote:

Hi
Another bloody pest, we have these surrounding our pool (not planted by us)
& we want to get rid of them, I prefer the idea of poison but have been told
it must be done by hand. Any suggestions??

Sell them.

They sell wholesale for around $7.50-$8.50 per 200mm pot.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:16 AM posted to aus.gardens
whiteMemphis

"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
Another bloody pest, we have these surrounding our pool (not planted by

us)
& we want to get rid of them, I prefer the idea of poison but have been

told
it must be done by hand. Any suggestions??
Cheers
Sandra

a couple of bunker busters might do the trick

Old 03-03-2006, 02:58 AM posted to aus.gardens
GreenieLeBrun

Sandra Bodycoat wrote:
Hi
Another bloody pest, we have these surrounding our pool (not planted by us)
& we want to get rid of them, I prefer the idea of poison but have been told
it must be done by hand. Any suggestions??
Cheers
Sandra

If you want to use poison cut all the green growth right back and give
repeated applications of glyophosphate (Roundup , Zero etc) spray. When
they stop shooting dig them up and put them in the normal garbage that
goes off to land fill.

One OP sugested bunker busters, don't, these will only spread the
Agapanthus further, far more efficient is a small tactical
thermo-nuclear device in the 10 to 15 kilotonne range detonated exactly
10.0357 cm above the area (don't do this at night as you may disturb
your neighbours).

For a fully organic method of erradication, and I can vouch for this
(or at least our ex backyard garden can) may I suggest you intoduce a
12 month old female beagle and a five year old male golden retriever
into the area, the unbounded energy released by these two acting
together will ensure the total destruction of any garden into which
they are released. ;-)

Old 03-03-2006, 05:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

GreenieLeBrun wrote:

Sandra Bodycoat wrote:

[...]

A goat will also do the job, but watch out for the kids.
The local middle easterns will buy it from you after its done the job..

Yeah, well its will (b)eat the dogs anyway.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:48 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC

G'day Sandra

I forgot about this site....check it out!

http://tradeaplant.com.au/Home/

Bronwyn ;-)

Old 03-03-2006, 12:15 PM posted to aus.gardens
SyrianPrince

I guess the lure of a few dollars might be tempting, but really the
agapanthus and other garden plants make inappropriate plants for much of
Australia. And they escape to places where they do harm despite our best
efforts If you dont want them in your garden at least don't spread them
any further...
a little more info..
http://www.weedsbluemountains.org.au...der-attack.asp

and check out the second link too.
http://www.weeds.org.au/

and visit our pal goooogle for more....

We can all have terrific gardens without cultivating plants which contribute
to the destruction of native habitats, promoting monocultures, reducing
environments which native animals can use and thrive in etc. Sometimes it's
good to think of the effects of our actions beyond how they gratify us
personally. We have a long future to try to shape and not bugger up in our
beautiful country...

love and peace

Old 09-03-2006, 01:13 PM posted to aus.gardens
Sandra Bodycoat

Thanks to all, definitely not bothering with the selling idea just want the
damn things gone.
cheers
"Sandra Bodycoat" wrote in message
Hi
Another bloody pest, we have these surrounding our pool (not planted by
us) & we want to get rid of them, I prefer the idea of poison but have
been told it must be done by hand. Any suggestions??
Cheers
Sandra

Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds) Ruth Australia 11 22-01-2011 11:28 AM
Agapanthus Rob Webb Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
Agapanthus Loosecannon Australia 1 28-03-2003 08:20 PM
Agapanthus tangle John United Kingdom 2 08-03-2003 06:22 PM
Agapanthus propagation (pods\seeds) Rita Bogna Australia 0 15-02-2003 06:11 AM