Old 03-03-2006, 12:15 PM posted to aus.gardens
SyrianPrince

Default Agapanthus

I guess the lure of a few dollars might be tempting, but really the
agapanthus and other garden plants make inappropriate plants for much of
Australia. And they escape to places where they do harm despite our best
efforts If you dont want them in your garden at least don't spread them
any further...
a little more info..
http://www.weedsbluemountains.org.au...der-attack.asp

and check out the second link too.
http://www.weeds.org.au/

and visit our pal goooogle for more....

We can all have terrific gardens without cultivating plants which contribute
to the destruction of native habitats, promoting monocultures, reducing
environments which native animals can use and thrive in etc. Sometimes it's
good to think of the effects of our actions beyond how they gratify us
personally. We have a long future to try to shape and not bugger up in our
beautiful country...

love and peace

"HC" wrote in message

G'day Sandra

I forgot about this site....check it out!

http://tradeaplant.com.au/Home/

Bronwyn ;-)

Sandra Bodycoat wrote:
Hi
Another bloody pest, we have these surrounding our pool (not planted by
us) & we want to get rid of them, I prefer the idea of poison but have
been told it must be done by hand. Any suggestions??
Cheers
Sandra