Old 03-03-2006, 11:40 PM posted to aus.gardens,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob

Default Triffids

Mitchell wrote:
"zxcvbob" wrote in message

SG1 wrote:

"Roger Dewhurst" wrote in message

I bought some dry beans at an asian shop in Tauranga. I planted one and
now
the thing is growing like a triffid. The seeds are about 6mm x 4mm x
2mm.
They are pale yellow brown and have a long white hilum bordered with dark
brown. The pods are set on stem which holds about 12 pods. The pods are
short and contain 4 or 5 seeds. I bought them as lima beans but I am
damn
sure that they are not! Any ideas?

Listen for the drumming and watch for movement, Have a flame thrower
handy!!!!!!!!!

"And I really got hot, when I saw Jeanette Scott
Fight a triffid that spits poison and kills..."

Best regards,
Bob

Remember they disolve in sea water!

Mitch...