Old 14-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Soil for seeds

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:09:34 -0600, Stuart Pedazzo
wrote:

I have heard that seeds start better with a special soil designed just
for starting seeds. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any
such item.

I have the expanding pellets but would like to plant some in those
plastic containers you get plants in at a greenhouse.

What medium would you start seeds in and why?

I use seed starting mix, I buy it locally, as it is
available in every garden center/nursery in which I've ever
shopped (I'm in the USA).

It's also available online. Here's just one supplier:

https://www.territorial-seed.com/tes...ng/ZPT698.html

You can find more suppliers by Googling on 'seed starting
mix'.

Here's a recipe for making your own:

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/garden/garden42.html

Pat