Old 12-03-2003, 02:34 AM
Ted Byers

Default Very happy catt

"SBF" wrote in message ...
You'll often find catts, especially hybrids doing weird things. Some bloom
with a green sheath, a brown sheath, or no sheath at all. Bearing this in
mind, the same plant could bloom from a green sheath in one flowering and a
brown sheath in the next. This isn't always the case. I wouldn't worry about
it too much. Oftentimes smaller (youngish) plants will put up sheaths that
never flower. As far as bud blast, you kinda haveta have a bud for this too
happen. Again, I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks, I'll not worry as long as the new pseudobulbs keep growing.

I would have thought that there would be a bud inside the sheath, even
if it was too small to detect without trashing the sheath.

Cheers,

Ted