Old 05-03-2006, 07:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Mick Fournier

Default Miami Orchid Show... save your money

Diana,

Yes, maybe the Miami International Orchid Festival in January could have
used a few more vendors, but after this year's SFOS turd I think next year
the MIOF will get a harder look from serious orchid aficionados wanting to
get the most bang for their buck. The MIOF shows serious promise in years
to come as a contender. I hope MIOF can at least overtake SFOS next year if
they haven't already.

The Ft Lauderdale show is and has been a total waste for the last 7 years.

For out-of-towners trying to decide which Florida show to see... there is no
contest. The Redland International Orchid Show packs the most punch and the
best selection of orchids for your money, especially REAL orchids (ie
species).

Mick

==========================

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Redland Rules in Florida! Long live the (upcoming) Redland International
Orchid Show!

Mick

It's the ultimate orchid rummage sale, and we love it! The Miami Festival
that Martin Motes put together in January was a little better than some,
but nowhere near enough vendors. Still, digging produced some neat finds
here and there. We don't generally go to Fort Lauderdale or Miami anymore.
Same old, same old.

Redland is just around the corner. Redland, Gilbert's, Largo, in that
order!

Diana