Old 06-03-2006, 08:45 AM posted to aus.gardens
David Hare-Scott

Default beans

"tt" wrote in message
Hi, i live in perth, and we put in scarlet runner beans over this summer

but they havent given of the biggest crop of beans, so we're wondering, if
beans are a
winter vegetable to grow. does anyone know when the prime time for growing
runner beans is in perth?

thanks in advance

They are a warm season vege. In Perth plant in Spring and Summer to early
Autumn, successive plantings will give you a steady supply as each lot will
only produce for a limited time. Maybe you chose a poor cultivar or didn't
feed or water them well enough. If you are quick you can try again now
before the cooler weather.

David