Old 06-03-2006, 09:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather

Default beans

I live in Newcastle where it has been very hot this year - but maybe not as
warm at night as Perth - I have grown Diggers Club "Rattlesnake" beans right
through summer - into third crop now. I used to be a "Blue Lake" fan when I
lived in Upper Swan, but these things are awesome - so prolific, don't seem
to care about the baking sun - and best of all don't go tough if you forget
to pick them for a few days. They look neat as well - green with splashes
of purple.

I use 2.5m high sheets of concrete reinforcing mesh for my trellises - they
don't collapse and are strong enough that you can just rip the beans off
when they are finished.

Cheers,
Geoff
"tt" wrote in message
Hi, i live in perth, and we put in scarlet runner beans over this summer

but they havent given of the biggest crop of beans, so we're wondering, if
beans are a
winter vegetable to grow. does anyone know when the prime time for growing
runner beans is in perth?

thanks in advance