Old 07-03-2006, 12:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Dennis

Default Hi Guys!!

"Gail Futoran" You're digging it
round, when it aughta Be SQUARE

"Jamies_Roses" wrote in message
roups.com...
I am new to here, and so excited to meet you all!! I have been growing
roses for about 5 years - more seriously now that I have bought my
first house and have plenty of room to grow more roses than ever
before! I currently have about 30 roses, and am putting many, many
more in as I renovate the landscape here at my house { I LOVE!! saying
"My House" :-) } I look forward to learning, and sharing roses with
you, and making a new gardening buddy or two as well.....:-)!!!

Happy New Year!!
Jamie

Hi Jamie and welcome.

Where are you located? What kinds of roses do you have?

I started with modern roses but quickly added old
garden or antique roses and now have about a
70-30 mix of the two.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

hello, I drift in and out of here, usually a lurker type guy.
I work for the nursery section of a retailer, I grow a couple roses in
my own yard as well. You Can Do IT.. anyway, I'm here in western
Indiana. throw seeds on the ground and water them, you're probably
going to get something to grow from it.

the two rose shrubs I can remember the names of are :Fragrant Cloud
and Oklahoma. the other is a nice hybrid tea that is a sweet Buttery
yellow and the other is a coral climber that I forget the name of. I
started growing roses for my Wife, I figured it's better to spend 20
bucks on a shrubbed rose that gives great flowers all summer long than
ito buy a dozen roses from a florist that will be thrown away in a
week.

oh and she likes Lillacs too.
--

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfeld
"Education is the progressive discovery of our own Ignorance" - Will Durant
"We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom." - E.O. Wilson
"the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" --Me
To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...