Old 07-03-2006, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default Hi Guys!!

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
m...
Just a note, everyone -- try to be careful when you quote a post in your
reply (especially as to who said what) and set your newsreader so that it
"marks" the quoted text.

When I reply, if I don't get the before each line
I'm replying to, I add it in manually. Not everyone
will do that. ::shrug:: I don't know what the
solution is, I suppose some incompatibility of
mail servers is causing it. If there's a technical
fix, I'd like to know it (save me typing all those

If you look closely at the post below, you will see that it can be hard to
tell who said what to whom -- and all it takes is a teeny difference of
opinion to start a flame war!

True, but this was a mild, informative exchange
and I don't see any reason for problems. Still,
I suppose the warning is worth it.

As for top vs. bottom posting, there are varying schools of thought about
that, but I almost always top post.

I know ngs that will flame you for even saying
that! Personally, I think it depends on what you're
replying to. I tend to bottom/mid post, because
that's what I "grew up" with and what most people
seem to prefer. But I certainly don't mind a top
post in many circumstances.

That way, it is clear what I am saying,
even though it can be an art to determine the post to which I am replying.
(I left the entire previous thread in here, because it demonstrates the
point of this particular post.)

Yep. And I deleted it to save bandwidth.
We should probably have switched the subject
header to OT, but there's so little traffic in
rgr these days, I figure why bother.

Hey, Anne, how are your roses doing?

Anne

Gail