Old 07-03-2006, 12:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Default USDA Zone 9 partial screening trees/shrubs

Joe wrote:

Thank you for your suggestions..

I am looking at crape myrtles at the moment and there are some
semi-dwarf varieties where the height is about right. Not sure on the
form though, but they are pretty when in flower.

I am still looking at options such as a weeping cherry (not sure on
height), hibiscus, plumbago etc. There is no restrictions such as
powerlines or depth issues (it is on the backyard side of the fence) so
if anyone has any other ideas I am more than open to suggestions. I am
looking to get them in the garden in the next month or so.

Hmm, I figured you could just keep the CMs trimmed to the height you
wanted - probably only need to do that once a year. I have some in my
neighborhood that have been allowed to grow to tree height. I have kept
mine at around eight feet for years.

good luck

Carl

--