Old 07-03-2006, 02:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default time to start lawn treatment?

Right: "Our". I said "your" thinking maybe he'd connect this issue with news
he should be seeing about what a mess the Chesapeake is these days.

"KCnRichmond" wrote in message
news
Well put Kanter.
Also if you bag during "weed" or "crabgrass" season you will get up most
of your seed from these mongrels.
Don't cut if grass is damp and sharpen your blades. Change direction
everytime you cut. (90 degrees from last week)
Also change to "Our waterways".

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
wrote in message
.net...
Is it time to start treating a lawn in the Baltimore area? If so, what
treatment should be applied first?

First? There's only one treatment you MIGHT need, and that's fertilizer
without pesticides or weed killers. If there's only one thing, then there
is nothing after "first". Adjust your mower to its highest setting and
leave it that way. A healthy lawn competes nicely with weeds. Your
waterways are screwed up enough. No need to add chemicals to them because
someone told you to.