Old 07-03-2006, 03:55 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cliff

Default identify this please

You are correct. Plant in full sun, once established needs no water to survive but will bloom better if given a small drink once in awhile. Dead head the spent blooms as they form seed pods to keep it blooming. I have one in fairly good soil and it gets 10 feet high and wide each summer. Freezes back to the ground but comes back quickly once it warms up.
Cliff
"Linda" wrote in message ...
Saw this bush/tree(?) flowering last year and went up to the edge of
their yard and took pictures. From digging around in books I think this
is caesalpinia puleherrima - Pride of Barbados. Is that correct? It
sure is gorgeous. Is there anything I need to know about it? Is it an
invasive pest, or is it hard to grow? Thanks in advance.

http://community.webtv.net/lkelli/PI...s/importD1.jpg

Linda