Old 08-03-2006, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default Limelight Rose???

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anybody know where I can find the Limelight hybrid tea rose? I've
been searching EVERYWHERE trying to find this rose and add it to my
garden, but the only nursery I've found so far that carries it charges
so much just for packaging, shipping and handling, and has a minimum
order of 3 plants before they'll even ship, that by the time all is
said and done, I'll have paid at least $50!

Thanks,
Jason

First, unless you mention where you live,
no one *local* to you can begin to help.

Second, there are so many roses that have
fallen from commerce for a variety of
reasons, that you're lucky to be able to find
ANY nursery that will carry a rose you want.

Third, if you can't find a reasonable
substitute, I suggest you pay the $50 for
three roses, which is extremely reasonable.
I've spent $30 for ONE rare rose, including
shipping, and was glad I did.

Fourth, you might check local (wherever
that is for you) rose societies, garden groups,
botanical garden(s), etc. If someone has the
rose you want in their garden, they might part
with a cutting or two, assuming there isn't a
patent concern.

Fifth, if you search on "Limelight" at
www.helpmefind.com/roses
you will discover there are *two different*
Hybrid Teas named "Limelight". If you
decide to buy Limelight from a nursery,
I suggest you determine which one they
are offering - it might not be the one