Old 09-03-2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default Limelight Rose???

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gail!

Thanks for the quick response!

Hi Jason -

I have no problem ordering from out of state. I did so with my Golden
Celebration, and am glad for it. I live in Alabama and ordered the
rose from Chamblee's in Tyler, TX. They unfortunately don't carry
Limelight.

I haven't had the opportunity to order from
Chamblee's. I'm glad your experience was
a good one.

The Limelight I'm looking for is the one actually named Limelight, or
sometimes known as Golden Medallion or its codename, KORikon. The
other one is the St. Patrick, which is a beautiful rose, but not the
one I need.

Ok, that does narrow it down. You're right,
though, it just doesn't appear that much online.

Helpmefind is the place where I found the nursery mentioned above, a
place called Roses Unlimited. Normally, I would have jumped right at
the opportunity and ordered, but several things did bother me. First
was the fact that, as I mentioned, they had a minimum order of 3
before they would even think of shipping and the costs for it. Second
was the fact that they had no price listings for anything they offer.
Third, they do not take credit cards, only cash, check or money order.
This is impractical for me.

Understood. But you might check out this link:
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/586/

You can't always tell where advice is coming from,
so it's definitely buyer beware, but I suspect I'd
give it a try. I've had to pay by money order for
some things I've purchased on eBay. I typically
use the US Postal Service. So far no problems.

I am checking with local nurseries. So far, no luck, but I did ask the
owner of one of them to check into special ordering one for me. He
doesn't usually carry it, but he may be able to get his hands on one.

I think that's a great idea. Too often I don't
think of doing that, but nurseries want our
business and will often go to the extra effort
to help, if they can.

Anyway, thanks again for responding!

Jason

You're welcome and good luck. I do understand
the frustration and hope you find your rose.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8