Old 10-03-2006, 02:32 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jonny

Default Does Grass seed go bad?

"dyork" wrote in message
m...
Does grass seed go bad? How long are you supposed to keep it? I have some
that I have had for 1 or 2 years and I'm cleaning out my building out back
and was wondering if I should throw it away.

Donna

Grass seed.... That covers alot of territory.

I've kept some unused 50 lb bag of winter rye in the garage in the original
container, it was never cold enough here in S. Texas to use this year.
Mostly dry and hot here, garage is very dry but usually cool. No critters
around.

Just bought some bermuda (sahara variety) and seeded alot of bare areas.
Used half the 15 lb. bag. Storing in same location in original container.

Think both will be alright for a few years or so for myself. Yourself?
Devil's in details. Which, of course, wasn't provided. Am not surprised.
--
Jonny