Old 10-03-2006, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Natty Dread

Default Small tree recommendation

There is a space in my yard right off the patio that might be good for a
small tree, but I'm not sure what to plant there. The area is about an 8' x
8' square bordered on the front side by the patio (exposed aggregate
concrete); on the back with a 6' wood privacy fence; and on side a PVC vinyl
storage shed. (There is nothing bordering the other side of the square.)
The area gets full sun all day and has clay soil which would be
time-consuming and expensive to improve significantly. Would any small tree
grow in these conditions? Any ideas welcome.

Rhonda
Richmond, VA
USDA Zone 7

Basic human psychology is one of my subroutines.