Old 11-03-2006, 12:36 AM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

jtill Your problem may be how long the roses were without sunlight before you
bought them! Stores will keep them till they sell and without sunlight
that is bad news. Remember that winter sun has less time and power and
signals plants to go dormant. This may be your case. I say continue to
give them sun, cut back on the water (damp, not dry), let them get cold
and wait for spring.
Haven't grown Roses, well sweetheart, what folks call thorns are really
hooks that will grab you and hold on!
Joe T
Baytown Texas.
PS; If you lose these keep the names. You can order them in the spring
from many places on the WEB.

thanks everyone for your input i have been following what u all suggested and so far they are both still alive . some of the flowers and leaves are dying back but the main stems seem to be holding their own. all i can say is come on spring hurry up and get here .
joe i wish i did have the name of the roses only problem is i bought these at a little grocery store near our place and there was no name on them which really sucks .
thanks again everyone for your input its so greatly appreciated .
cyaaaa, sockiescat.