Old 11-03-2006, 12:21 AM posted to aus.gardens
meee

Default aggggh pollination problems!

Hi everyone, advice needed! I have planted some vegies in my greenhouse this
year, as it's the only way I can keep kids and dogs from destroying
everything. Unfortunately, I forgot about pollination! Nothing much can get
in there, and being in the city, there aren't many insects around anyway,
excepting ants. So far I have tomatoes, pumpkin, zucchini, pawpaw and runner
beans planted. I have a vague idea on pollinating pumpkins, but nothing on
the rest. The runners have already started flowering, the zucchinis are
popping up buds, but the rest is still growing. Any help would be very much
appreciated! I can't leave the door open; I already tried, and the dogs just
dug everything up....don't get me started on what the kids did! So
everything will have to stay shut.