Old 11-03-2006, 06:49 PM posted to rec.ponds
Richard Sexton

Default Comet tails

In article ,
wrote:
I never knew how much it cost to run the list. You never told me, and it sure is not
my area of expertise. But Puregold was not the only list in aquaria, there is at
least killifish. And when your equipment was crashing I asked people on Puregold to
send you money thru a paypal account. I know I certainly did. I would think people
on puregold would have sent you money, they are a generous lot, I am sure some of the
200-300 people would have sent something.

Uh, no. Not a cent.

The machines were perpetually down because some idiot claimg to be
a computer person made a abit of stealing the servers and destroying
files and backups. Ironically his job was to free up mu time to
provide software and web content. Instead I spent 3 years restoring
things from my personal backups I kept "just in case". He was dumped
last october, I have new machines, less time, but not a second of
downtime since incept.

--
My only working email address is on my home page
1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net