Old 12-03-2006, 01:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
RAINDEAR

Default too many frogs?

if there are more frogs, perhaps there are more INSECTS for them to eat??
imho, there can NEVER be too many insect-eating creatures around!!!!
(bats, dragonflies, damselle flies, toads/frogs, salamanders, newts, etc.)
--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.

From: bigjon
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:04:10 GMT
Subject: too many frogs?

Is it just me, or are there a LOT more common frogs this year?

We have a small pond in our garden in Lancs, about 6' by 4' and there are
more than 200 frogs having fun in it at the moment - more than we have ever
seen before!

There are so many that our cats are actually being intimidated this year...
normally they love to chase the odd one or two about, but this year there
are so many that they are staying indoors!