Old 09-03-2006, 11:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
bigjon

Default too many frogs?

Is it just me, or are there a LOT more common frogs this year?

We have a small pond in our garden in Lancs, about 6' by 4' and there are
more than 200 frogs having fun in it at the moment - more than we have ever
seen before!

There are so many that our cats are actually being intimidated this year...
normally they love to chase the odd one or two about, but this year there
are so many that they are staying indoors!
Old 09-03-2006, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Stephen Henning

bigjon wrote:

We have a small pond in our garden in Lancs, about 6' by 4' and there are
more than 200 frogs having fun in it at the moment - more than we have ever
seen before!

On which side of the planet is Lancs. I am guessing it is in the UK.
It is still cold enough here that we haven't seen many frogs yet.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
18,000 gallon (17'x 47'x 2-4') lily pond garden in Zone 6
Old 09-03-2006, 01:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

"bigjon" wrote in message
Is it just me, or are there a LOT more common frogs this year?

We have a small pond in our garden in Lancs, about 6' by 4' and there are
more than 200 frogs having fun in it at the moment - more than we have
ever
seen before!

There are so many that our cats are actually being intimidated this
year...
normally they love to chase the odd one or two about, but this year there
are so many that they are staying indoors!

Let me get this straight. Once or twice a year, parents are obliged to bring
their kids to see whatever's the current Disney animated talking animal
movie, paying 6-8 bucks a person, plus overpriced popcorn and drinks. You
have FREE entertainment that's a thousand times better, and you use the
phrase "too many"?

Mind if I stop by with my cat? :-)

Old 11-03-2006, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener

there can NEVER be too many frogs.........that indicates where you are is
healthy..........
maddie whose own peepers are in high lustful singing

Old 11-03-2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lar

In article , says...
there can NEVER be too many frogs.........that indicates where you are is
healthy..........

Never say never

http://starbulletin.com/2001/07/08/n...ory1.html#jump

scoll down and click on the sound of "many frogs"
--
Lar

Oh, if only Noah would of been a bit more wise,
he surely would of swatted those two flies.

to email....get rid of the BUGS

Old 11-03-2006, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
bigjon

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:34:22 -0600, Lar wrote:

In article , says...
there can NEVER be too many frogs.........that indicates where you are is
healthy..........

Never say never

http://starbulletin.com/2001/07/08/n...ory1.html#jump

scoll down and click on the sound of "many frogs"

Tell me about it - I've had the neighbours moaning already...
The common frog here in the UK is much lower pitched than that link though
- it sounds like somebody is running a petrol generator all night...

Personally, I love it, but they are a bit thick round here and I'm sure the
local authority will be down soon to investigate (they are a little narrow
minded as well).