Old 12-03-2006, 05:24 PM
saralove999 saralove999 is offline
Registered User

Default Does anyone know the best way to remove green algae from my decking?????

Hi,

My name is Sara and I live in London. Im new to this forum and new to gardening, ive just got a place with a garden, which is mostly decking - it is covered with nasty green stuff (I think its algae) which is very tenacious and resists my attemps to kill it off. Ive tried a scrubbing brush (very labour intensive, took my half a day and sore knees!)and decking cleaner (only removed a little bit). I think I might need some sort of high power water jet but I dont know if that will destroy the decking. Please help!

By the way, there are some strange postings on here, I expected it to be all about keeping caterpillers off your cauliflowers and there seems to be a strange thread about the battle of the classes/sexes/post-menopausal stalkers which I was fascinated to read! Sara xx