Old 12-03-2006, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
RAINDEAR

Default CA poppies grow everywhere...

you're right...it IS a papaver, however; and, in fact, is MORE of a Papaver
than the Cali poppy.

the seed your picture comes from are the white poppy seed (not UNroasted
seed, just white) which you can purchase a LB. of at almost any Indian spice
store ....and if i can buy them in my teeny town in new hamster, i'd say
it's easy to say ANYONE could find it in their area(s).

these, like the cali poppy, are annuals, but if you do not take the pods
off, they reseed happily for years.
--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.

From:
(Devonshire)

On the day of 9 Mar 2006 15:57:51 -0800...

typed these letters:

Just wanted to contribute a nice picture that I took....

http://www.see-my-pictures.com/temp/poppy.jpg

Cheers!

Nice picture. I took this picture of this poppy growing
in North Carolina a few years ago. It's not the same
variety though.

http://www.recipehole.com/poppy.jpg