Old 15-03-2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Anacharis growth

Similar to another post, my anacharis is growing very very fast but
isn't very leafy. I have to cut the stalks back once a week as they
curl over when they hit the surface. The leaves are all very small
though. I like the look of thick dense anacharis, not the long stalky
look. My tank is a 10g with 15w of light with DIY CO2. I use a multi
purpose fert, I think by tetra. Can a different way of pruning help the
leaves grow?

Also, my micro swords is putting off runners left and right. When can I
cut the new plants from the stalk? A few of the nodes (?) have roots
shooting off while others seem to be growing relatively larger leaves
with no roots.