Old 12-03-2003, 06:20 PM
joe

Default Skimmer Styles

BenignVanilla wrote:

I understand there are two types of skimmers on the market. The first is
mounted at the edge of the pond, and the other is mount in the pond at water
surface level. Is this correct? What are the pro's and con's of both?

Well, I have the one mounted at pond's edge. I allows easy access to clean
the netting, a good place to put my pump (protected from large pieces by the
pre-filter), it houses my float valve for easy filling and was simple to
install while I was building my pond. I don't know that much about the
other variety, but how do they allow for cleaning and connecting to
plumbing? They seem almost a better solution for a retro fit of an older
pond.

Joe