Old 12-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Linda Adie

Default Privacy Hedge...

"Berob" wrote in message r.com...
Wax Myrtle may be the ticket is its hardy to Zone 5.

"Chris S." wrote in message

Hi, I'm seeking advice on what to use for a privacy hedge. I'm in zone 5,
length of hedge will be about 40', in full sun, would like a fast grower
(4'-6' in three years or so). Would prefer evergreen, but not a must.

Was thinking about Privet, but from what I've read it sounds like it's
invasive, burdensome, and high maintenance. Maintenance doesn't bother me
much, but I don't think my neighbor would appreciate something that would
spread into his yard.

Any input appreciated.
Chris Swartz

Hi Chris

I have had a privet hedge as a boundary for a long time and is not a
problem I cut it once to twice a year and give it a good haircut about
every 5 years to keep it really trim it was about 6 feet but I chopped
it down to 4 feet and its fine hope this helps

regards Linda