Old 12-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Art Salmons

Default Pruning Fruit Trees

"Tiffany" wrote in message .. .
hello does anyone have any good information on Pruning Fruit Trees? thanks

I need advice on pruning 2 super sweet Peach trees. I bought them from
Lowes and they are already in bloom and the leaves are coming out all
over the tree. According to the book I bought on fruit trees, I'm
suppose to prune this tree by cutting off the main trunk 30 inches off
of the ground and then cutting back the branches in a cup shape. My
question is it too late to do that this year and should I wait until
next spring. I don't want to kill the 2 of them by such a severve
pruning if it's the wrong time.

Thanks,

Art Salmons