Old 16-03-2006, 03:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default Picture Reference Database update

I have visited that web site often. It is hard to understand some of
the verbage used. Can't decide if it is poor translation or my poor
vocabulary. To bad most photos are of Orchid flowers as about 98 per
cent of the time an orchid lives it has no blooms. So if you want to
identify a reluctant Oncidium by leaf and body you are just out of
luck. That is the case with me, my little Onc. just grows and divides
and grows but never blooms. I occasionally try some new method,
recently S/H culture, more light/ less light, cooler/ warmer,without
any result. Today I have three divisions of 4 to 6 bulbs each, each
with about 2-3 new shoots showing, but will bet they are new p-bulbs
not flower spikes. So it goes....;-))
Joe T
Baytown Texas