Old 16-03-2006, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default Anacharis growth

In article .com,
wrote:
Similar to another post, my anacharis is growing very very fast but
isn't very leafy. I have to cut the stalks back once a week as they
curl over when they hit the surface. The leaves are all very small
though. I like the look of thick dense anacharis, not the long stalky
look. My tank is a 10g with 15w of light with DIY CO2. I use a multi
purpose fert, I think by tetra. Can a different way of pruning help the
leaves grow?

No. Change to a bluer bulb, that should do it. Red - elongate tall
plants, with lomng internodes, blue - compacy bushy growth.

Also, my micro swords is putting off runners left and right. When can I
cut the new plants from the stalk? A few of the nodes (?) have roots
shooting off while others seem to be growing relatively larger leaves
with no roots.

The more you cut those runners the slowe the plants grow. Just
leave'em.

When you can't see gravel any more remove half the older plants.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net