Old 12-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default New Garden drainage

The message
from "Anne Marshall" ] contains these words:

"DaveDay34" wrote in message
I am having a problem with the above - any ideas?

Lots of ideas, but maybe you could give us a better idea of your

particular
problem.
Dave.

Hi, My garden has never been cultivated as it was previously a garage.
The ground is extremely wet - most of bulbs planted last Autumn have
rotted. I dug in quite a lot of horse manure in the Autumn and added
some topsoil.

Look at gardens either side of you to see if they are waterlogged. If
not, one possibility is that the ex-garage area isn't draining because
it's so heavily compacted by being driven over; it may even have a layer
of hardcore beneath it.

Janet.