Old 16-03-2006, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
GH

Default can anyone recognize red stele from pictures?

I bought 1 week ago some new strawberry plants which I suspect could
have been infected with phytophtora - red stele. The center of the
plants had a reddish brick colour and some leaves also show this. The
entire plant is very small, dwarfed... They are "Gento" strawberries.
Maybe someone has had them...

Should I throw them away? I can send pictures if anyone can recognize
the infection. I would have put them on the internet but I don't know
how and don't own a site.

Thank you in advance 4 your help.