Old 16-03-2006, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Anacharis growth

I went down to the LFS to pick up a more blue light. I guess I forgot
how expensive anything that says 'aquarium' is on it compared to
similar products for other uses. I tried the home depot but don't know
enough about color temperature, lux, lumens etc. to tell what is more
blue vs. full spectrum vs. actinic. I did a google but have so far
found either to simple of an explanation in regards to aquarium use or
technical definitions that I can't relate to the GE (or other bulb
brands) labels. Any advice direction reccomendations or ideas are
always welcome.