Old 17-03-2006, 04:12 PM posted to rec.ponds
humBill

Default Sharing a pond vac

Thanks for your suggestions. Anything involving 'running' the system for
very long seems impractical as we definitely talking about the wand, hose
etc so this would require quite a 'loop'. It is interesting. I have called
a couple of pond maintenance services around here. It is pretty clear to me
that they are suggesting a way to clean it, but it is not there normal
practice.

I will continue looking.

Bill

"~ janj" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:33:39 GMT, "humBill" wrote:

Our pond society is considering is considering buying a Pond o Vac 3 or 2
for use by the membership at a small rental/maintenance fee. We have not
worked out all the details but one major one has come up:

What would have to be done to insure that if one pond had KHV or just bad
bacterial and parasites, that it did not get transfered to other ponds?

I don't know if anyone has a legal background but how 'legal' would we
have
to be to insure against someone suing (successfully) because they lost
fish
due to possible cross contamination.

Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

A ratio of bleach & water is usually the standard method for cleaning
something. There might be something regarding this at the AKCA.org website
or Google for it. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~