Old 17-03-2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.ponds
Rodney Pont

Default Sharing a pond vac

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:12:36 GMT, humBill wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions. Anything involving 'running' the system for
very long seems impractical as we definitely talking about the wand, hose
etc so this would require quite a 'loop'. It is interesting. I have called
a couple of pond maintenance services around here. It is pretty clear to me
that they are suggesting a way to clean it, but it is not there normal
practice.

Isn't it just anything that goes in the water that needs disinfecting.
They don't filter the water and put it back in do they? The insides of
the wand/hose only have water that's being thrown away so all you
really need to do is spray the outside with a disinfectant I would have
thought.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont