Old 18-03-2006, 03:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Susan Erickson

Default Picture Reference Database update

On 17 Mar 2006 10:55:20 -0800, "jtill" wrote:

SuE.
Mine are VERY green and sprouting all over so I will move one into more
light. Also cut out the feeding, I will do that. The little buggers
seem to have very little roots, has always been that way. So, I have
been trying to get more roots, moved them out of wood crate pots that
had charcoal, bark and a bit of Coconut fiber into expanded clay
pebbles in hopes of better root production. (the crates were rotting
also). Sure do thank you for the information!
Joe T
Baytown TX

You said you have Oncidiums. They will always have fine roots.
Nature of the beast. A Phal or a Catt can have roots 1/4 inch thick,
but an Onc or any of that group have roots like tomatoes - thin and
branching.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids